Did someone say Bike Share?
April 24, 2013
Tuesday will provide Philadelphian’s a plethora of opportunities to learn about Bikeshare systems, examine the equipment and learn about how systems work in cities such as Denver, DC and Boston.
Bike Share Demonstration
- What: See bike sharing in person, meet the professionals who make it happen
- Where: Northeast Corner of Rittenhouse Square, at 18th St & Walnut St
- When: 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Tuesday, April 30th
Next Tuesday, April 30th, The Mayor’s Office of Transportation and Utilities and Philadelphia Parks and Recreation will host some of the nation’s leading vendors of bike share equipment in Rittenhouse Square. Between 10:00 AM and 6:30 PM you can try out the bike sharing equipment that is operating in cities across the country. The professionals who have installed bike sharing systems in such cities as Boston, Denver, Miami Beach, Washington DC, Charlotte and others will be on hand to share their experiences.
Bike Share Forum
- What: Hear and see presentations from the architects of the nation’s best bike sharing systems
- Where: Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- When: 6:30 PM on Tuesday, April 30th
Later you can learn more about bike sharing join the Mayor’s Office of Transportation and Utilities and the Pennsylvania Environmental Council at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University at 6:30 PM the same evening for a Bike Share Forum. We will hear presentations from the architects of some of the nation’s best bike sharing systems. The forum will conclude with a brief presentation on the City of Philadelphia’s plans to launch a first-class bike sharing system by the end of 2014.
Register for the Bike Share Forum here: http://phillybikeshareforum.eventbrite.com/