Join the SEPTA Citizen Advisory Committee
March 3, 2014 Leave a comment
SEPTA is looking for Philadelphia residents to join its Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC)!
The CAC is a forum for regular SEPTA riders to work with the Authority to advocate for public transit. SEPTA invites you to apply (by April 4th) to join the committee if you feel strongly about transit and are interested in representing other riders. To join, you should have the following qualifications:
- Committed to collaborative engagement;
- Proven track record of community volunteerism;
- Familiar with Philadelphia neighborhoods and transit;
- Able to commit to no less than 12 hours per month to the duties of the position, which include attending a monthly general meeting, a monthly subcommittee meeting, as well as a quarterly meeting with other City representatives;
- Attend or host, in conjunction with SEPTA, local community meetings to discuss transit and transit related issues;
- Have no outstanding back taxes.
To learn more and to apply, go to http://septa.org/partners/cac/membership-application.html. Applications can also be requested via the Philly 311 line. Submit applications by April 4, 2014.