The parklets are back!
May 23, 2014 1 Comment
Stop by and enjoy the city’s nine beautiful parklets! Now in their third season, Philadelphia’s parklets temporarily–from April through November–convert one or two on-street parking spaces into patios with tables, seating, and greenery. Although small businesses often sponsor parklets, parklet seating is open to the general public.
Parklets at the following locations are now in full swing:
- 128 N. 10th Street, sponsored by the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation;
- 1511 South Street, sponsored by the The Quick Fixx and the South of South Neighborhood Association;
- 2311 Frankford Ave, sponsored by Little Baby’s Ice Cream and the New Kensington Community Development Corporation;
- 4360 Main Street, sponsored by Federal Realty Investment Trust and the Manayunk Development Corporation;
- 4903 Catharine Street, sponsored by University City District;
- 810-814 S. 47th Street, sponsored by University City District;
- 261-263 S. 44th Street, sponsored by University City District;
- 43rd and Baltimore, sponsored by University City District;
- 4040 Locust, sponsored by University City District.
To learn more about the evolution of the city’s parklet program, check out some of our earlier blog posts here, here, here, and here. Is your business or neighborhood association interested in sponsoring a parklet? If so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.